A few Manhattan thoughts of profound import.
1. The sky has been so blue this weekend we might have been in the countryside.
2. The Crosby Street Hotel has friendly service.
3. Food is a good thing.
4. Loved ones are a good thing.
5. My feet are intact but aware of their long journeying.
6. People here are wearing floral prints. And scarves.
7. The skinny jeans with flats phenomenon is nowhere near done.
8. New York has great taxis and a legendary subway.
9. You can see the work of laborers – bricklayers, welders, masons – everywhere. No pre-fabrication.
10. The sheer number of people is mitigated by neighborhoods.
11. Yes, I mean this. In the face of a big, big, city I hope everyone allows themselves a few cliches.
Have a wonderful weekend.