Queen Bee Swain tagged me for some 3s. She is one to watch, and young, and full of fire, so I do what she says.
A. Three names I go by:
- Old Horse
B. Three places I’ve lived:
- Cambridge, MA (I was born there, while my father was finishing his Ph.D.)
- London, England (Worked in theater administration, 1979.)
- Glenmore, PA (Air Products and Chemicals. My address started out, “Rural Drop.” Amish families sold their pies at the local convenience store.)
C. Three of my idols:
I don’t idolize anyone. I’m too old. Nobody’s perfect. I’m certainly not perfect but I’m all I’ve got to work with. So here are my favorite American Idols.
- Adam Lambert (go dude.)
- Clay Aiken (and I’m over the shame.)
- Kelly Clarkson (because the woman can sing.)
D. Three things I like to look at:
- The screen of my computer. Where you all talk to me.
- My back yard. In springtime. In wind. Late afternoon.
- The face of anyone I love. In particular, the space below their eyes, and above the cheekbone. So vulnerable and unnecessary.
E. Three places I have been:
- The Panama Canal at night. All the lights twinkling on an engineering feat that could teach Steampunk what for.
- The trading floor of the New York Stock Exchange. And the surrounding ancient wooden cubicles.
- Katmandu. On a bicycle. In hail.
F. Three of my proudest accomplishments:
- Graduating from Princeton Magna Cum Laude.
- Graduating from Columbia Business School at all. Accounting took me out to the woodshed. Taught me what for and then some.
- Ranking in the top 3 salespeople in the Western Region at Air Products and Chemicals for an entire year.
Note that my children are not my accomplishment. They are their own.
G. Three things I love to eat:
- Broccoli (good thing too, given the chocolate)
- Pho. (Which is pronounced fuh, and is the best chicken noodle soup ever, in case you don’t have any Vietnamese restaurants in your neck of the woods and don’t know what I’m talking about…)
H. Three things I want to do someday:
- Live forever.
- Hold a grandchild.
- Write a book proposal. Anything beyond writing a proposal is in someone else’s hands.
I. Three things I am looking forward to this year:
- My son coming home.
- My daughter coming home.
- Coming home myself. On any given day. Opening the front door, dropping my keys in the little crystal heart bowl I keep on a sofa side table, taking off my shoes, taking off anything tight or itchy, getting a glass of water, sitting down on the sofa, and looking out the window.