Ding-dong! Knock, knock!
Oh, hello! So nice to see you. Let me take your coat and throw it on one of the kids’ beds. Don’t worry. They’re on the other side of the country. They won’t mind.
Time for some housewarming presents. At this party, the presents are for you, my guests. We will be having a series of giveaways on Privilege. Six, to be precise. I believe in abundance. The first one will go up this afternoon, with the rest following one or two per day until we collapse, exhausted, on the sofa, and drink the last of the bottle of cognac, even though we know it will give us a hangover.
Parameters are as follows:
- Enter as many giveaways as you like
- Anyone who wins will win once and only once. Inclusiveness is one of my highest goals.
- You will need to subscribe or let me know that you have been a regular reader.
- The winners will not be wholly random. In this case, I believe the fairest approach is to make sure that presents are equally distributed amongst old and new Privilege readers. I may be swayed by creative comments and compelling stories.
- All giveaways will ask you to tell us a story relevant to the prize at hand. We are nothing if not Homerian. Singing, across the centuries, for our suppers.
- All prizes will be awarded on the same day, Wednesday, November 17th.
By the time we are finished with our Giveaway Housewarming, I shall with any luck have recovered from New York, from dinner and shopping with Reggie and Maxminimus, to say nothing of dinner with first milk and kidchamp. I should by then have more stories to tell. More questions to answer.
The questions I’m asking myself now include:
- What do I need to know about buying and maintaining china? Will I get lead poisoning if I buy and use antique pieces?
- If one loses all one’s money, is one still a member of the upper class?
- Does anyone really want a High WASP makeover sourced from Walmart?
- Would the High WASP Diet, and its resultant tendency towards the gaunt, be helpful?
- Is my mirror from Grandmama, ostensibly Federalist, authentic? How do I find out without traipsing to some television-authorized circus?
- Am I thankful enough? Is anyone?
Perhaps we will eventually have the answers. And in the interim. Presents. I love presents. Enjoy.
Astonishing picture via: Steve Oliver Imagery on Flickr