It’s my birthday today. Despite my advancing years, I still embrace my birthday. I read once that most people feel younger than they are. That’s certainly true for me.
In the spirit of the day, I’m going to list a few nifty things that other people have said, or photographed, around the web. In other words, let’s pretend we have party bags, which we will have decorated ourselves with puffy paint, glitter, and far too many stickers. You can even choose your own color. I’m thinking navy.
Privilege[d] Party Bags For September 30th, 2011
1. The photo above is by Stephanie, at La Dolce Vita. She takes lovely photos, with more light and sky here. There’s nothing like a feeling of uplift in one’s heart.
2. For a series on beauty, and women in their later years, go to A Femme d’un Certain Age, and see the all the photos Tish has lined up, here. Turns out aging and feminism make good discussion bedfellows.
3. If you have wondered what’s been walking down the Spring/Summer 2012 runways, take a look here. Once I realized I would always opt for simple, I realized I could just read the simple+pretty reviews and not bother much with the usual rush of images.
4. Here’s someone who loves the same clothes I do. Even better, she knows when they go on sale. Take a look here, at Grechen’s Closet.
5. If you’d like to see the shoe line I’m lurking after, take a look here. Comfortable, because at my age I’ve figured out that sore feet are the devil’s work, beautiful just because.
Have a wonderful weekend everyone.