Heads up. Tomorrow’s post is another installment in the story of my 1982 travels through India. Since I haven’t done one of these since last September, there are many here who might like a little explanation, and perhaps an index of the first parts of the story.
Explanation: In 1982, at the age of 25, I took 3 months to travel in India by myself. I had a self-set project to write about the Indian film industry. Unsurprisingly, an awful lot of What The Heck Is This! happened too.
Guide: If you click the India category, all the posts will show up. But if you’d like to read through them sequentially, or just sample a few, here are all the links and post titles so far, on one page. Having just reread it all myself, it’s not yet a fully integrated narrative. But I could get it there with a little editing.
- Finding Oneself In India, 1982
- Telephones, Addresses, Movies. India, 1982
- A Luxury Coach To Ajanta And Ellora, India, 1982
- Udaipur, Egrets, Trains. India, 1982
- Rajastan, Weddings, Measurements. India, 1982
- And Stately Boulevards Precede Us. India, 1982
- Movie Stars, Marble, A Sitar Player, India, 1982.
- Ardor, Red Dye, Foreign Girls. India, 1982
- Stupas, Tigers, Disco Beats, India, 1982
- Pearls, Chemicals, Heat and Dust. India, 1982
- Bathers, Men, Ghouls. India, 1982
- South, South, South. India, 1982.
- Wheels, Feet, Temperature, India, 1982.
- Calcutta, Andaman, Blue. India, 1982.
As we see, I could use a copy editor to enforce consistent punctuation. Never mind.
After tomorrow’s story, I estimate about 5 remain. So, one way or another, I’ll most likely manage to complete the tale. A goal I’ve had since 1983, I’d say. Thank you for helping me keep my internal commitments.