What’s it like to plan a second wedding? Well, in the simplest incarnation, it’s like a to-do list. And I suspect this particular to-do list may grow. Please chant altogether, if you don’t mind my asking, “Simple, simple, simple.”
- Date – A Thursday in August ✓
- Ceremony Venue – San Francisco City Hall ✓
- Photographer – Emilia-Jane Schobeiri ✓
- Invitations – Paperless Post for email, TBD for a few paper invitations
- Officiant ✓
- Rings – Tiffany Platinum & Diamond 5-Stone Band for Lisa, Family Heirloom 24K Band for Significant Other ✓
- Folding Chairs from City Hall
- Dinner Location – Local restaurant, not sure yet exactly which one
- Dress – Under consideration: Christopher Kane Tape Dress, Nina Ricci Floral Lace, Assorted short dresses to be tried on one afternoon at Bridal Galleria with sister, sister-in-law, and niece
- Best Daughter’s Dress
- Best Son’s Suit And Tie
- Hotel Reservations
- Wedding Day Coordinator ✓
- Some Flowers
- A Cake
- Restaurant Place Cards
- Water Bottles For Ceremony
- Table Cloth For Table For Water Bottles For Ceremony
- Water Bottle Labels (stop me now)
- Hair appointment
- It’s hard to set a date for weekday weddings in the summer, even a simple one. People have a lot of plans already in place. But with the goodwill of your friends and family, it’s possible.
- Make a to do list where that with which you cannot marry occupies spot #1. Keeps the priorities of the day straight. Just because I’d like pictures in a beautiful dress, doesn’t mean they matter most.
- As a wedding service provider, put yourself out there. Emilia-Jane asked me, on Twitter, to consider her. So I did, to my great pleasure.
I will keep updating this list as we go. Right now I’m wearing what we will call a Proposal Ring. It’s quite a pleasant experience, says the High WASP in an understated way.