Well, my friends, I am retired. Again..
It has taken about 4 weeks for the high job tide of adrenaline, cortisol, and testosterone to roll out. By the way, here’s a fascinating TED talk about leadership, body language, and the hormonal accompaniment.
It turns out that one does not move directly from full-tilt job to full-tilt recreation. At least not in my case. One lies for quite some time on the sofa. By the way, I like Sean Saves The World more than The Crazy Ones. Robin Williams seems to be phoning it in.
But I digress.
For future planning, I prefer small steps and incremental certainty to grand plans with 5-year, and thus invisible, horizons. I find the question of “What is the future?” best answered by a series of “And what about today?”s. So far, here’s what I know:
- I need looser pants. My sofa insists.
- The Internet says that one can grow vegetables in the California winter. Radishes, prepare yourselves.
- This whole Linkshare/monetization process is complex, but I will figure it out and plans to donate to Dress for Success are on track.
- I’m not as good a cook as I was in my heyday but can still make meals worth eating.
- My camellia sasanqua came back from its hard prune.
Here’s what I have yet to figure out:
- How to exercise when it isn’t required?
- Will software and its wiles pull me back in, ever again?
- Where will Significant Husband and I go for our belated honeymoon?
- What will be the point of me, in this second half? What cause will I serve?
- What color should I paint the house?
- Does arthritis ever get better once it manifests? (See thumbs, feet.)
- Will PG&E trim my tree that’s tangled up in their power lines? For free?
As you can see, I have more questions than answers. That may never change.
The blog persists. Does it change? Not in intent, not in frequency, I imagine inevitably outfits will shift – over time. Looser pants, as I said. And more playful shoes. But I still have a set of work getups to show you, and the streets of San Francisco aren’t going anywhere.
Feel free to speak up, make suggestions or requests, boss me around. I respond well to benign authority and am never happier than when I prove useful.
Have a wonderful weekend.