I hope all the readers in the USA in had a great Thanksgiving, and that everyone else had a great, well, Thursday. Below is my list of Thanksgiving weekend sales and deals.These are all retailers or services I’ve shopped at, been in contact with, or coveted from, over the years. I will update this post with any new information as Cyber Monday arrives.
Let’s kick off with the news that Patagonia is donating 100% of their Black Friday sales to grassroots environmental groups. Thank you Patagonia, it’s good to have a planet.
On to our core shared interest. What to wear? What to give to people we love that they can wear?
- UPDATED: Net-a-porter 50% off sale continues.
- Brooks Brothers is having a sale on men’s and women’s shirts, 4 for $199. Usual price, 2 for $169. A very useful present for anyone working in that Formal Shirt World.
- UPDATED: Neiman Marcus, one of my favorite retailers (as you know) for traditional luxury clothing, accessories, and makeup, brings us these offers:
- Saks Fifth Avenue, source of Manolos for days, is also giving its affiliates (which is what I am via links) an exclusive code. Receive up to $200 OFF* your purchase of $300 – $800 with code SVEAFF. Valid 11/23 – 11/25. *Designer exclusions apply, excludes beauty & fragrance. You realize that means that this pair of crystal Manolo kitten heels, originally $925 is now available for $505?
- UPDATED: Barney’s got a big designer sale on.
- The Gap isn’t holding back much.
- J. Crew has 40% off what appears to be EVERYTHING? No, that isn’t a typo. I love this ruffle trim shift dress. And this classic topcoat in wool and cashmere.
- And, definitely not a typo, this is the weekend to get someone a pair of original cool sunglasses. 30% off everything on Ray-Ban.com. Valid 11/24 through 11/28
UPDATED: True Facet, a pre-owned jewelry site, focuses on assuring authenticity for iconic pieces. So if you’re thinking someone would love a classic Cartier love bracelet, here’s a way to make that happen. Or a Van Cleef & Arpels butterfly necklace, for that matter. Take $100 off $500 with code CYBER100 at TrueFacet.com
UPDATED: And my friends at Blue Nile, not to be outdone, are offering 50% off some diamond and gemstone jewelry for Cyber Monday.
Home & Hospitality
Novica, the global artisan site, is also having a Thanksgiving Weekend sale. Save $10 on orders over $50, $15 on orders over $100 and $25 on orders over $150. Use code SAVE10, SAVE15, and SAVE25 to save today. Valid 11-22-15 through 11-26-15 11:59 PM PT.
UPDATED: And Amazon’s got lot of Cyber Monday deals – new ones all day long.
UPDATED: Finally, if you have the same aversion to post offices as I do, I recommend Paperless Post. We used them for our wedding invitations, and my 60th birthday. Lovely designs abound at 35% off today.
Oh, wait, the winner of The Samuel Scheuer Linens Giveaway is MJ! MJ, please email me at skyepeale at yahoo dot com with your mailing address and we will get them sent out to you as soon as we can. I am assuming that although you decamped to Tasmania, which, understood, you have a mailing address in the US. I am really pleased to think of these somewhat goofy WASPy linens proliferating around the country.
I’ve already hung one that says Happy Holidays in my guest bathroom. Quite cheering.
Some links may generate commissions